Caviar and Salmon Pasta
- 500 grams cooked fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted Maven butter
- 1 small leek, white and tender green parts, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup water (or reserved pasta water)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped chives
- 8 slices smoked salmon
- 4 teaspoons Polanco Caviar
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- In a large deep skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the leek and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add the pasta and ¼ cup of water, and cook, stirring until the pasta is coated with a light creamy sauce. Season lightly with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley and chives.
- Off the heat, gently fold in the smoked salmon and half of the caviar. Add the lemon zest and some water if necessary to loosen the sauce.
- Serve the pasta in bowls and top with the remaining salmon caviar and chives.